Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gimme Da Money

Brazen. Desparate. Balls the size of skyscrapers. I would use all of those to describe the gentleman who asked me for a $100 credit. We did make some billing errors and corrected those. But when the credits did not take off enough of his balance (you know, to make it $0), he comes up with this figure as an amount equal to an hour of his time. See after all his credits were applied for the erroneous charges, he asked for more charges to be removed, but they were valid. Of course, he was not interested in how I could prove that they were, at some point stating that he did not care what I said, rather just credit them. When I explained there was nothing left to credit, he got to what he was really asking for: "A credit for my inconvenience." I think inconvenience credits are bullshit. The first reason why I think they are is because I don't think there is such a thing. If we fuck up, we credit the errors. If you are without service, I will even credit you for that time, if it is our fault, be it data or voice service. But an inconvenience credit is you asking for a handout. Secondly, I can throw an arbitrary figure at you, you will find it insulting, I will ask you what you think is fair, you will throw some ridiculously high number at me, genreally the exact amount of your past due balance, I will hit mute and fucking laugh my ass off, then tell you that if don't find that appropriate and we will go back and forth like were are haggling over a used car, until you ask for my supervisor. This call was no different. This fucking clown asked me to give him $100 (oddly enough almost the exact amount of valid charges I refused to credit) for wasting an hour of his time (I assume he is a hooker, and this was an hour he could have spent going ass to mouth). I offered him $10. Now I arrived at this figure because his total monthly charges were less than $100. Now I worked out the math, and $10 is just under 3 times what he is paying per day, let alone an hour. However that isn't nearly as impressive as saying, "That is only 10% of what I asked for!" This guy was actually a much bigger asshole than I am making him out to be, making outrageous claims, like the one were I apprently told him I was never wrong. He also put time limits on being put on hold to find a supervisor that he asked to speak to. I had to leave 2 pages of notes in his account. My favorite part of the call: When he claimed that someone told him that he could send 1000 emails from his phone while travelling internationally without being charged.

Posted by peanutbutterfilthy :: 9:36 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment