Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Saying Fuck = Gets Things Done

Swearing is neato. The 4 of you that read this blog will undoubtedly pick up on the fact that I enjoy it. However, I do not believe that I have ever called a place of business that I was a customer of, and swore. I have fucking manners, is why. I bring this up, because a customer's last words to me today were, "Fuck you!" Hilarious? Sure. Did it make my day? Of course. Was it really necessary? No. I mean, and to hang up afterward is cowardly. Stay on the line, see what my response is. I can't swear back, so what might I say? Folks, swearing at a customer service rep or their supervisor accomplishes nothing. In fact, it may even close any openable door to you and cancel any negotiation possibilities. What bothers me about this, though, is that the customer presented her problem, and I presented multiple solutions. Now, she declined them all, obviously, because none of them involved her getting anything for free or me breaking a federal law. But the part that bothered me more than the swearing is the, "You are not trying to help me!" that she exclaimed right after I tried to help her. So, fearing dizziness from the endless circle we were involved in, I kind of closed the conversation manually (as opposed to of it's own volition) with, "So I have presented multiple solutions to your issue today, was there anything else that I could help you with?" Thusly came the, "Fuck you!" Or, wait...maybe it was, "Thank you."

Posted by peanutbutterfilthy :: 9:04 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment