Friday, June 11, 2010

The Courtesy is You Talking to Me That Way, and Not Having to Suck My Dick

I hate courtesy credits. I feel like it is should be against the law for people to ask for them. Furthermore, the first person ever to suggest the idea of them should be drawn and quartered. If that person is dead, they should be reanimated, then drawn and quartered. Courtesy credits basically give license for any irresponsible jackass to do whatever the fuck they want, then call a company, throw their tenure around, and threaten to quit if the company doesn't credit a shit load of valid charges. I also find it ridiculous, nay, ludicrous, when words like "not fair," "unacceptable" and "Better Business Bureau" are mentioned. The other day, a customer had purposely paid all of their bill except the overage, and let it go past due. They then called Customer Care for a credit. Not to ask for one, but to GET the credit, that this dipshit convinced herself was deserved for no other reason than that no one in her real life will listen to a fucking word she says, so has to resort to bullying faceless Customer Care reps. The rep that she was speaking to, at my suggestion, and in attempt to retain the customer (which of course I understand is the important thing; but I also am not running a fucking charity), offered to credit half the charges as a courtesy. The customer balked at this and asked to speak to me. And while I am at this point of my story, can I tell you a secret? If you are talking to a Care rep, and ask for something that goes outside of policy, then that rep places you on hold and comes back with an offer, they asked a supervisor for advice. So you refusing and then asking to speak to a supervisor, isn't going to do anything more. In fact, if I personally am that supervisor, and you then refuse the offer I told the rep to make and ask to speak to me, you have just capped your courtesy credit offer, and I will not offer any more. Which is precisely what happened here. I spoke to her and was scolded, and given a speech in which I was described as having no customer service skills. First off lady, my customer service excellence is trademarked by my ability to listen to you drone on and on and hurl personal attacks at me just like your husband does to you, without ripping you fucking head off verbally. Not by the amount of money I hand out. Secondly, take ownership. If you you hadn't gone over your minutes while yelling at the Hershey company for making you fat, we wouldn't be talking to each other right now. I didn't make those calls, just like I didn't stuff that chocolate down your gaping neck hole. The customer actually refused the credit again, and said that she would call back, and I am sure she did, and some asshole probably credited the charges, thusly undermining me and making me look like I in fact did have poor customer service skills. You know, I get it. Customers are important. Without customers I would have no job. Allow me to show you the other side of that coin. I give away a shit load of money, I still have no job because the business goes bankrupt. How about I chose to make you pay for what you should have to pay for, and the business stays intact, and if you leave, someone else takes your place? Hm. I like that better than giving away free money that will eventually affect my paycheck and cause a company to go out of business and then there are no customers to serve.

Posted by peanutbutterfilthy :: 7:41 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment