Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Guh?

So the guy on the phone says to me, "I didn't call Directory Assistance, and when I did, they gave me the wrong information." I realize that even out of context he comes off as stupid, but allow me to place it in to context, in order to illustrate just how stupid (or not interested in sounding credible) he really is.

Customer has some calls to Directory Assistance on his bill. $1.79 per call. The first thing he tells me in regard to them is, that he did call, but he was given the wrong information, and that he called back demanding a credit, which they must not have given him, what with his balance being so high (high meaning over the amount he is willing to pay no matter if he is to blame). I researched and found that he in fact did this, and did find the credits as promised. Upon telling him this, his story changed to, "I never called Directory Assistance." Well, then I guess I can debit your account for the what must be an erroneous credit. His story changed again to the above statement in the first paragraph. I explained to him that the statement contradicted itself, which in his language I can only assume means, "I am the one that stole your sister's virginity," because he was pissed. He did eventually let me explain how the sentence was contradictory, which caused him to change his story yet again, to, "I never said that I didn't call Directory Assistance." "But sir, you just told me that you did not call them." "No I didn't. So all the other Directory Assistance calls that I did not get credit for are wrong, because I didn't call them. So give me a credit." At that point, I started to do the heaving breathing thing that Robert Vaughan does in Baseketball. Ultimately, I explained that the same serial number of equipment was used on those calls as well as other calls he admitted to making, thus are valid. I would say nice try, but, no...no, it was fucking lousy.

Posted by peanutbutterfilthy :: 9:10 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment