Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today's Cocksmoke

So, basically the only calls I take are requests to speak to a supervisor, unless we are having some kind of crisis, like, uh...hm...just off the top of my head...a data outage on a really popular gay phone and it is really fucking busy. I have been a supervisor in many a job and it amazes me the lack of accountability that some people have. The sense of entitlement that they carry. They fuck up, or change their mind, and I am supposed to ignore all sense of policy and business practice and suck their dick. Or tit.

So fella calls today. In February, he agreed to 5 24 month agreements, 1 for each line that we gave him a free phone on. He goes through an automated system that explains that he will be entering in to this agreement on each line and there is a penalty for breaking it. For each line. It even asks for you to press 1 to accept and 3 to decline, still giving you an out. So this guy tells me that one of the users (of the 5 lines) is going to another carrier and he would like to cancel that line. When he is advised of the Early Termination Fee, he flips out. I mean he fucking freaks. First he actually admits to accepting the contracts, but it was because we offered free phones, and who wouldn't just say yes? Well, then I don't get the problem. He then says that it was illegal and misleading. The fuck you talking about, YOU agreed to it. He failed to explain what was illegal, but obviously he was trying to scare me into crediting the charge. He then stated that we never told him about it, to which I advised the automated system he went through did, to which he replied well it didn't say it was $200, to which again, I advised the automated system did. He then said that if I told him he agreed to the contracts electronically (and he said that word mockingly, exaggerating it like a ghost would say it), he would puke. His final plea was that it is just good customer relations. You know what, you're right. Let me waive the $200 so you can cancel. If you like I can also get you the unlock code for that free phone and use it at another carrier, saving you even more money! Hooray! He ended that call very unhappy.

This happens all the time. People go to fucking outer space, and use their phone all day and night, and then call in to demand that we waive the space roaming charges they incurred while talking on Mars. And they are angry about it. And don't mention payment arrangements. That implies that they are liable for the charges. "Well, your store told me I could use this phone in space! I have an interplanetary rate plan!" Right, well let me refer you to the store location on Neptune and you can dispute the charges there.

Ha, space roaming. That is funny.

Posted by peanutbutterfilthy :: 8:42 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment